Golnart Studio offers a variety of art classes for children aged 4 to 12. Taught in a studio setting, classes range in topic and incorporate a variety of art making methods, including drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture, collage, and mask-making. Class sizes are small to ensure a personalized learning experience for each child.
While many art studios focus on making beautiful objects according to established templates and prescribed rules, at Golnart Studio the process of art making is as important as the final product. Inspired by children’s play and joyful self-expression, at Golnart Studio we make art as a form of exploration, recognition, imagination, and problem solving in a fun and low-pressure environment. This approach aims to improve children’s self-awareness, confidence, critical thinking, and decision-making.
At Golnart Studio:
- We explore ourselves and the world around us through art creation.
- Our everyday experience and knowledge is valued.
- By making art we create meaning.
- We have the opportunity to express our points of view and ideas as well as experience those of others, and be more tolerant of them.
- Our creation process is a form of research, in which the instructor learns and grows alongside her students.
- We improve our visual perception by practicing to see, interpret, discover relations, and make decisions.
- We develop our skills in drawing, painting, print making, sculpture, collage, and mixed media.
- We understand the expressive content of visual forms and learn to express ourselves in various meaningful ways.
- We use our imagination as a source of ideas and problem-solving.
- We practice our ability to make qualitative judgements about art and articulate our preferences.
- The instructor enhances the creative spirit of children by posing questions and providing in-depth, meaningful information.